Hi, I’m Miss Benyon and I am currently one of the Year 4 teachers (class 4B).
I am part of the music team and can play the piano.
Hello, I’m Ms Berla,
I’ll be looking after your child’s education for the next
Hi, I am Mr Jones and I work as an ETA in 4B. I am a parent of 3 former pupils, and they have all gone on to great careers after their education.
Class 4B curriculum
Our topic question this term is
“Why are the rainforests important to us all?”
- Look at the mission of the Church and what Jesus wanted his disciples to complete.
- We will our place in the Church and look at what we have to do to become part of the Church community.
- Discuss the meaning of new vocabulary related to our topic
- We will skim and scan non-fiction writing for relevant features.
- We will choose relevant information that can be used when we write non-chronological reports
- We will use paragraphs and sub-headings to present information
- We will write setting descriptions comparing rainforests with forests in the UK
- We will write persuasive writing and diary entries
- We will learn to speak clearly to an audience and participate in role play
As readers we will :
- Read and listen to a variety of texts.
- We will also be looking at the differences between legal and illegal drugs and the risks associated with them.
- We will be learning about diversity and the importance of equality.
- Examine how the location, size, and landscape of the rainforests has changed over time
- We will look at the early civilization of Ancient Mayans
- We will use our skills of investigation and interpretation and knowledge of chronology to gain an overview of the place of Mayans in world history.
- Use maps, atlases, and ICT to locate rainforests on the world map and explore the key geographical features.
- We will develop our vocabulary relating to rainforests and understand their features.
- We will use a range of sources to help us to understand settlements and land use, economic activity and use of natural resources.
- We will explore the effect humans have on the environment.
- Be using different methods for addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
- We will also be revising our basic skills and place value.
- Problem solving will be on-going throughout the term.
- We will identify lines of symmetry in 2D shapes and recognise and describe the features of 3D shapes.
- Plot/read co-ordinates
- Interpret and create bar charts and pictograms
- Identify and classify 2D shapes using a range of properties
- Identify and order a range of angles
- Investigate living things
- We will look at rainforest plants and explore their requirement for growth. We will recognise that living things can be grouped in a variety of ways. We will recognise that environments change and this can pose dangers to living things.
- We will set up enquiries and plan fair tests by identifying, observing and recording variables.
- discuss what makes a good animated film or cartoon
- Learn how animations are created by hand
- Learn about onion skinning in animation
- Use stop-motion animation software
- Develop our use of materials and increase our awareness of a different kind of Art
- We will produce artwork based on that of the Kayapo Tribe of the Rainforest. We will focus on patterns and materials used by them.
This will be handed out on a Thursday and MUST be completed and returned to school by the following Thursday.
Children will have an independent reading book which will be brought home on a daily basis and MUST be returned to school every day. Children can be reading their own independent book from home or class reading area once they have finished the given book and completed a book review. Children’s independent reading books are changed once a week in school. Reading records are to be completed each time you listen to your child read at home.
Our Class Blog
What happens in our class? have a look at all the blog post direct from the classroom.
Today we went to Flamingo Land
The Last Supper is the final meal that Jesus shared with his Apostles in Jerusalem before his crucifixion. The Last Supper is commemorated by Christians especially on Maundy Thursday. The Last Supper provides the scriptural basis for the Eucharist, also known as "Holy...
In RE class 4B have been looking at the story of Zechariah. We were focusing on his strong beliefs and the commitment that he made to God. We used an app called iMovie to create a movie trailer for this Bible Story.
2018-12-14 Dear Parents - KSII Yrs 3 - 4 Lunchtime Fencing Club
Year 4 were on the trail of adventure when they took part in Bush Craft sessions. As part of the sessions organised by Project Sport, pupils made trails for each other to follow, created animal shelters and traps and also learnt how to make safe fires and toast...
Keep up to date with events at
Need more information?
Get in touch, contact the school office.
- KS II Workshop
- Guided Reading
- KSII Hymn Practice
- English / RE
- Times Tables Rockstars
- Guided Reading
- Guided Reading
- Library / Assembly