Safeguarding – Everyone’s Responsibility
At St Paulinus, all staff treat the safeguarding of pupils as upmost priority, by ensuring they take safeguarding duties seriously and promote the well-being of all our children by:
- Ensuring a safe learning environment for all children.
- Promoting a shared responsible for the well-being of children.
- Developing and implementing robust measures to help us identify and report any safeguarding concerns.
- Working with other agencies and partners to support children and families.
- Keeping updated and well informed to help raise awareness and understanding of Child Protection issues.
- Promoting an awareness and understanding of how children can keep themselves safe.
Safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children is defined as:
- Protecting children from maltreatment.
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development.
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
- Early intervention from professionals to enable all children to have the best possible outcomes.
If you are worried, or have concerns regarding the safety or well-being of a child, please contact one of our Designated Child Protection Officers, above, on:
01924 488 282, or contact Social Care Direct on: