St. Paulinus’ is a welcoming and friendly school at the heart of the Catholic community it serves in Dewsbury. Our pupils are happy and enthusiastic and the school has friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors.
You are warmly invited to visit the school before applying. Please contact Mrs Lauryn Massey (School Business Manager) to arrange a mutually convenient time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
Application forms and further details are available from Mrs Lauryn Massey or the school website. Please note that all applicants must use the CES application forms. Completed application forms can be returned by e-mail to email@example.com
Required for September 2020
Salary range: L8 – L13
The Governors of St Paulinus are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and outstanding teacher to join our Senior Leadership Team as Deputy Headteacher from September 2020.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious teacher, or a talented and ambitious existing deputy head, who is looking for their next step in their career development. The two previous deputy heads of this large 2 form entry primary school have successfully gone on to Headships following their development at St Paulinus.
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Be a committed and practising Catholic
- Be committed to our Catholic ethos and the wider life of our school
- Lead by example and has a proven track record of making a positive impact in schools
- Be innovative, forward thinking and creative
- Achieve outstanding practice through the challenge and motivation of others
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Be able to play a crucial role in developing, managing and leading across school
- Work in partnership with the Headteacher, SLT, Governors and wider community
- lead in key areas across the whole school, such as: the development of Teaching and Learning, Assessment, Recording and reporting and staffing matters as well as play a strong role in safeguarding and the Health and Safety of the school
- Be able to support a range of middle leaders and teachers in the management of their subject area.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Be hard working, enthusiastic and fully committed to the school
Above all else, we are looking for someone who will care about our children and their education and achievement.
We can offer you:
- A warm and welcoming Catholic community
- A good school (Ofsted S8, Dec. 2016) and an outstanding Catholic school (S48 June 2017)
- A happy environment where everyone is valued
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- Support for your own professional development with excellent opportunities for CPD
- Supportive governors and parents
- A role that is unlikely to have full class responsibilities in the first instance but will still include teaching
- A great school to develop leadership skills needed beyond a classroom
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a very popular school. We are blessed with great support from the staff, parents, Diocese and Parish. The staff are a friendly, supportive and caring team of dedicated professionals. Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can have a look round before making your decision. Please contact the School Business Manager (details below) to arrange a suitable time.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We therefore expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barring check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website : www.stpaulinuscps.org.uk or you can request an application pack from firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that all applicants must use the CES application forms. You must be a practising Catholic to apply for this role in accordance with the Bishop’s mandate. CVs will not be accepted.
Completed application forms can be returned by e-mail or by post to the School Business Manager, Mrs Massey at:
- St Paulinus Catholic Primary School, Temple Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF13 3QE
The closing date for applications is Monday 2nd March 2020, 4pm. We will then arrange to visit the successful candidates in their schools to observe teaching and the Interviews will take place week commencing 23rd March.
Please click on the link below to download the files required for the application as a ZIP file.
Please click on the links below to download the individual files required for the application.