St. Paulinus’ is a welcoming and friendly school at the heart of the Catholic community it serves in Dewsbury. Our pupils are happy and enthusiastic and the school has friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors.
You are warmly invited to visit the school before applying. Please contact Mrs Lauren Massey (School Business Manager) to arrange a mutually convenient time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check.
Application forms and further details are available from Mrs Lauren Massey or the school website. Please note that all applicants must use the CES application forms. Completed application forms can be returned by e-mail to email@example.com
DPO – 3 hours a week
Required for January 2020 or as soon as possible
Fixed term until 31st August 2020 (in the first instance)
Pay Scale: Grade 11
The Governors are seeking to appoint a School Data Protection Officer to work in our busy office, these hours can be taken in one day or over split up over 3 days.
We are looking for a candidate who will :
- Be committed to our Catholic ethos and wider life of our school
- Be innovative, creative and forward thinking
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Care about children’s learning
- Work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
- Be hard working, enthusiastic and committed
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Have a good knowledge of data protection and GDPR and how it translates in a school setting
We can offer you :
- A warm and welcoming Catholic community
- A good school (Ofsted S8, Dec. 2016) and an outstanding Catholic school (S48 June 2017)
- A happy environment where everyone is valued
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- Support for your own professional development with excellent opportunities for CPD
- Supportive governors and parents
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a very popular school. We are blessed with great support from the parents and Parish. The staff are a friendly, supportive and caring team of dedicated professionals. Informal visits to our school are welcome and encouraged. These can be arranged through the school office.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barring check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website : www.stpaulinuscps.org.uk Please note that all applicants must use the CES application forms. Non-Catholic applicants are welcome. CVs will not be accepted.
Completed application forms can be returned by e-mail or by post to the School Business Manager.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Tuesday 26th November 2019. Interviews will take place Wednesday 27th November 2019.